Wednesday, November 16

I'm an Aunt!

Introducing my niece Mary Elizabeth.....





















Mom and baby went home 4 days after she was delivered. My sister's labor took longer than expected so she had a c-section. It will be a couple of weeks before she is 100% but otherwise everyone is great. My mother and I are helping out till she gets her strength back. So, I haven't had much time for anythingelse.

======

I see I've been tagged to do "20 things about me" by Lisa at Lisa's Long Yarn.

Hmmm......20 Things about Melissa

1. I just became an aunt for the 1st time.
2. I have been married for 11 years and plan to have no children. You would think after this long people would quit asking "when are you having a baby?" At the hospital everyone wanted to know when I was going to be next. I don't know ...When hell freezes over.
3. I go by my maiden name not by my married name.
4. I play the piano.
5. I have 2 cats and 1 dog.
6. My favorite movie is "It's a Wonderful Life". (secret...I cry everytime I watch it)
7. Lost 55 pounds last year.
8. I love to research genealogy. My mother's family is from Ireland and my Dad's family is English and Indian.
9. I have natural brown hair, freckles and can't tan. I hate my freckles.
10.I am afraid of heights. Because of this I won't ride fair or amusement park rides or roller coasters.
11.Skipped 8th & 9th grade math for the advanced math classes and by the end of high school was taking college math courses.
Are you still awake....I hope I'm not boring you to death!
12. I have a degree in Accounting from Mississippi College.
13. I am the 1st person in my family on both sides to graduate from college.
14. My 1st job was as a senior counselor at the local YMCA.
15. Used to smoke cigarettes. I quit this past March.
16. Suffer from migraine headaches. I go to the Neurologist next week. This will be the gazillonth Dr. I've been to.
17. Met my husband at church. He asked me to lunch and I said no. I was dating someone at the time.
18. True story: A psychic at the voodoo shop in New Orleans told me I would marry him. I had not seen him in 4 years and the week I got the prediction he moved back home and asked me out! I said yes.
19. My wedding was a secret... We eloped. We went to Las Vegas and were married at the Little Chapel of the West (you know the one were Ann Margaret and Elvis were hitched in the movies) came home and had a party and told everyone.
20. I love soap operas. Days of Our Lives and General Hospital are my fav's.


These are my picks for the next "20 things about me" meme. I hope you like them so....
go check 'em out!

* Lynn's Wrap & Turn
* Dust Bunnies Can Wait
* Amy's Knitting and Stuff



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home